Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

The sweetest model you'll see this year

Time to have your socks blown off. Jacques (a.k.a. Silvershadow) is a SketchUp god who hangs out on the SketchUcation Community Forums, and he's done it again. I'm completely serious when I say that looking at his work makes me, simultaneously:

  • inspired to hole up for a weekend and do nothing but make beautiful things with SketchUp
  • never want to build another 3D model again, knowing I'll never come close to Silvershadow's level of über-SketchUp-ninja-mastery
Enough giddy babbling – here are some pictures. Try not to drool on your keyboard.

Note: All images are a combination of SketchUp and VRay rendering.




The best place to immerse yourself in the heavenly glow of this endeavor is to read through this SCF thread. You'll need a free login to see the images, but signing up is well worth it.

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

9 comments :

Ramy Hanna said...

Well done Jacques!

Unknown said...

no way thats impossible...

Anonymous said...

Yeah it is a great and nice article looking forward to have such article it is so useful. Please come visit my site Laredo Business Directory when you got time.

Anonymous said...

forward to read such article. Please come visit my site Lubbock Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

pdXgoofy said...

Absolutely breathtaking.

Scott said...

Someone had too much spare time xD. great work though!

John said...

Staggering! The ultimate 'assembly' and slightly more than 10MB I guess. Imagine the original design drawings also.

Unknown said...

Amazing! I think I need to ummmm..."brush up" on my SketchUp skills.

Fantastic work!

Alpha Imagery said...

Awesome man! You should look in to 3d printing your models...