Posted by James Therrien, Training and Education Manager
NOTE: This post is very old; we are no longer seeking SketchUp trainers.
Want to try your hand at being a SketchUp trainer for a year? We have several full-time (but temporary) trainer positions open in the U.S. While working with Google under a year-long contract, you'll see the country, train folks on SketchUp, and get paid for doing it. Ideal candidates are folks who love to show off their SketchUp skills publicly and love helping others. If you're an expert in SketchUp and have a professional background or education using SketchUp, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Training positions are no longer listed on the Google jobs website, so here's some more information about them:
- Weekly travel to training locations around the US
- Lead training classes of up to 10 students
- Learn and employ SketchUp training content and methods
- Provide all required feedback and expense reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with SketchUp or other complex 3D or DTP design software
- Ability to communicate complex issues/concepts clearly and effectively.
- Comfort in public speaking
- Experience in adult learning is helpful