Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

Dispatches from 3D Basecamp, No. 1

Posted by Beth Callas, SketchUp 3D Basecamp Team

Coming to you live from the Google SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2008! Nearly 400 SketchUp enthusiasts have descended on our Mountain View campus for two-and-a-half days of 3D modeling abandon. With plenty of SPF on hand, we’re enjoying the 85 degree weather with folks from all over the world. While some attendees breezed in by way of the light rail from San Francisco, others made the trek from as far away as Western Australia. It warms our hearts to be surrounded by users who have been with us since version one, as well as newbies who caught the Push/Pull bug only 6 months ago.

We have an action-packed lineup of sessions ranging from Ruby Scripting to Green Design, led by enthusiastic experts in their fields. Stay tuned, as we’ll continue posting throughout the event.

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

11 comments :

Don East said...

This was an outstanding event. I have many new tricks to add to my SketchUp Work. Many thanks to the people who put this event on. It's quite an experience to put so many creative people together in one spot. The Google Plex is out of this world!
Many thanks Don

Benson Crowell said...

I was blown away by this years basecamp. Part of me wanted to stay forever but the other part of me wanted to get back and start to change the world. Would love to send everyone pictures. Please let me know how.

Benson Crowell

Todd Burch said...

Benson, you can post over at Sketchucation at http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/index.php

I have several pictures I'll be posting too.

Todd

Unknown said...

Hi all,

Just to say it was indeed a great event and I could handle some 2X30 hours of travel and 9 hours of jet lag a bit more often!

Glad I could be there, thanks for organizing this event and looking forward to meeting you guys all at next BaseCamp (maybe in Europe?)!

Andrew Nathanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Nathanson said...

Hi everyone,

3D Basecamp was an amazing experience for me to meet everyone I've only known as just email addresses for the last few years. It was beyond thrilling to present at Google, so thank you all so much for organizing a great event.

Interestingly, however, this blog post showed up about 4 days after it was originally written. Any ideas why?

_andrew

Unknown said...

Congrats on a job well done! 3D Basecamp exceeded my high expectations; it was a blast to increase my SketchUp bag of tricks by learning from the world-class experts you brought together.

This is going to be an annual event henceforth, right? ;)

I have already been sharing what I learned with my faculty and I am looking forward to sending our students to YouTube to catch the recorded sessions and inspirational keynote!

Thanks again!

red said...

thank you muhabbet

Anonymous said...

I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am for having had the opportunity to be part of 2008 SketchUp Basecamp. The many tips and tricks I picked up from both the staff and other users will be very beneficial to the work that I am doing for the Planning Department here in Ontario. Google was amazing. Aiden and all of the SketchUp staff were awesome. Keep up the good work!!!

red said...

thank you Hi everyone,

3D Basecamp was an amazing experience for me to meet everyone I've only known as just email addresses for the last few years. It was beyond thrilling to present at Google, so thank you all so much for organizing a great event.

Interestingly, however, this blog post showed up about 4 days after it was originally written. Any ideas why?
mirc

Hoppp said...

thanks guys... nice article