Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

SketchUp 7 For Dummies book


Our friends over at Wiley Publishing have just released the popular Google SketchUp For Dummies book in a new edition that covers SketchUp 7 - both free and Pro! You can find the book online and at brick-and-mortar booksellers. The new edition is fully updated and includes:

  • a brand new section on the Sandbox tools
  • a brand new section on modeling organic shapes with the Scale, Push/Pull, and Follow Me tools
  • a brand new section on Dynamic Components, including how to use them and how to create them
  • coverage of the new photomodeling tools
  • a revised chapter on LayOut 2

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

5 comments :

MoonDarter said...

I bought the previous SketchUp for Dummies book and found it very informative; it has saved me a lot of time by showing me what not to do as well as what I should do to accomplish my modeling goals. It looks like I'll have to pick this edition up as well.

I do wish these weren't "Dummies" books, though. After all, I'd like to think I'm no dummy. I use SketchUp!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hazlam (Alam) Anuar said...

i will but this book, because i already buy the early edition before.
I hope i will become more expert.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

In this book, the author indicated that he put "color images: color versions of some of the images in this book online at www.dummies.com/go/sketchup7fd",

I browsed the entire website but found none "color images" available!

and in the chapters, all the times readers are referred to 'Color Plate 1, See Color Plate 2-4, 2-5, 6, etc.' all are just not there in the website!!!