Today we added a feature to the Google 3D Warehouse that allows you to track search results and collection contents using a feed reader, like Google Reader. How is this useful? Well, suppose you wanted to keep an eye on which buildings in your town were being accepted into Google Earth.
Here's how it works:
- Go to the Google 3D Warehouse and type in your search; in our example "near:[city] is:best-of-geo".
- Click the "Sort by date" link under the top blue bar.
- Click the "Subscribe to this search" link in top right corner. This allows you to subscribe to the search results using a feed reader.
- Choose your favorite feed reader to subscribe to the feed.
- If you're starting in SketchUp you'll need to right click on the link, select "Copy shortcut" (PC) or "Copy Link" (Mac), and past the results into your reader. Browsers may use different terminology in the right-click menu; Chrome uses "Copy link address" and Firefox uses "Copy Link Location".
When you open Google Reader, you can see the latest entries:
For now, we support subscribing to searches and collection contents, but we'll add more options over time.
Permalink | Links to this post |