Our developers programmed a neat little time-saving trick into LayOut; it has to do with how you create text boxes with the Text tool. Basically, you can set a text box's justification (left, center, right) and alignment (top, middle, bottom) by deliberately drawing it in a specific way. Here's how it works:
- Draw from upper-left to lower-right to create a Left-Top justified text box.
- Draw from lower-left to upper-right to create a Left-Bottom justified text box.
- Draw from upper-right to lower-left to create a Right-Top justified text box.
- Draw from lower-right to upper-left to create a Right-Bottom justified text box.
- Hold down Control (Command on a Mac) to create a Center-Middle justified text box.