Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

SketchUp-to-Maxwell rendering tutorials

I have a serious love/hate relationship with photo-realistic rendering. I'm completely intrigued by the drop-dead gorgeous images I come across every day, but I'm terrified by the prospect of ever having to produce any myself. Simply put, rendering seems hard – so hard that I don't even know where I'd begin. There are so many options...


"A mobile beachfront resort concept."
I found this SketchUp/Maxwell rendering on
Ronen Bekerman's Flickr photostream.

I've heard lots of good things about Maxwell Render. When they sent me an email about a new series of Getting Started videos for their SketchUp plugin, I clicked on the link; I'm a total sucker for sexy renderings. I spent about 45 minutes watching the first four tutorials, and I have to say, I'm hooked.

If you've ever wondered about Maxwell, here's your chance. Clear an hour from your schedule, pour yourself some coffee, and find a comfy chair. I think it'll be worth your while.


Posted by Aidan Chopra, SketchUp Evangelist

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

3 comments :

Ben Langford said...

I would love to see these tutorials- but the link (even from Maxwell's site) will not load... hope they fix this soon. thanks for the post!

Jason Maranto said...

They were having some very severe technical problems with the servers but everything is back up now.

Unknown said...

sketchup rendering is one of the best field, I would love to do sketching ..and your image is really look like realistic.