Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

Nerds can be athletes, too

Posted by Aidan Chopra, Product Evangelist


Remember a few weeks ago, when I wrote about our office's demoralizing last-place finish in the Boulder kickball league? It led me to wonder if there might be a connection between working on computers all day and not being good at sports. My experience in high school certainly supported this hypothesis.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I received news from our own Mike S. that he and Tyson K. had not only entered a doubles volleyball tournament, but had actually won the whole kit and caboodle. Not only that, but their four-player team won, too. Tyson's follow-up email was typically modest:

AND...we proudly wore our bright Google socks the whole season. People were asking for those socks, and we delivered...in the form of blistering hard spikes!

Though I am proud of their achievement, I can't say I'm altogether surprised. Mike and Tyson are each over six feet tall, and together weigh more than my car. On behalf of everyone at Google Boulder, I offer heartfelt congratulations to the conquering champions of amateur v-ball – your rippling muscles will live in office lore for ever and always.

One question for our heroes: Would you both please (pretty please) join our kickball team next spring? We're awfully tired of losing.

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

0 comments :