Sketchup Blog - News and Notes from the Sketchup folks

Enter the CustomMade furniture design competition

CustomMade is a community of artisans who build (you guessed it) custom furniture and other items. It serves as a meeting place for people who make things and the people who want things made. I've always thought buildings should be site-specific -- this website made me realize that maybe furniture should be, too.

The folks at CustomMade.com are hosting a custom furniture design competition, and they've specifically suggested that participants use Google SketchUp to design their entries. The winner will have his or her piece made by one of CM's woodworkers using Rockler tools and supplies.

The deadline for entries is February 12, 2010, so get cracking. You'll be competing against me -- there's a minimalist half-cantilevered slab desk with a cable trough that I've been imagining for my den.

Posted by Aidan Chopra, SketchUp Evangelist

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.

4 comments :

tomcioZG said...

Ahhh ... I'm looking for a pretty piece of furniture - antique. I would take part if I could :) Anyway this is a very interesting contest.

Anonymous said...

Телефон мультфильм
электронная почта без регистрации

JD Roberts said...

I know this is an old post, but wow! Digging back into it I'm really impressed. I haven't paid much attention to sketchup, but I'm about to get started!

thanx,
Jim
Rockwell Blade Runner

Jacek said...

Yes great content, you can also find a lot of custom wood furniture on this web http://woodsignaturecreations.com